CERN, the Republic and canton of Geneva and the City of Geneva are delighted to invite you to the public lecture of Gilles Jobin, winner of the Prix Collide@ CERN-Geneva Dance and Performance artist-in residence Prize, and his CERN inspiration partner, Joao Pequenao. They will present their work in dance and science at the CERN Globe of Science and Innovation on Wednesday, 23 may 2012 at 7pm (doors open at 6.30 pm)
- 7:00pm Opening address by Porfessor Rolf-Dieter Heuer, CERN Director-General; Ariane Koek, CERN cultural specialist; Sami Kannan, Administrative Councilor in charge of the Department if Culture and Sport of the City of Geneva and Joëlle Comé, Head of Cultural Affairs, Republic and Canton of Geneva.
- 7:15pm Presentation by Gilles Jobin (Geneva) of his artistic work.
- 7:35pm Presentation by Joao Pequenao (Portugal) of his work in the visualization of science.
- 7:55pm Discussion on space, time and gravity in dance and particle physics, moderated by Ariane Koek, CERN cultural specialist. The audience will have the opportunity to ask questions.
- 8:20pm Cocktail Please note that the event will be mainly in English, the common language between the artist and the scientist.
To make a reservation, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +41 22 766 2109